Nick advises public and private sector clients on commercial transactions specialising in IT and outsourcing transactions.
He has experience of advising a number of FTSE 100 companies, including major financial institutions on many different aspects of their IT and e-commerce offerings, including major outsourcing transactions, software development and licensing, e-commerce website terms and compliance with financial services regulations, advertising regulations, e-commerce regulation, data protection, DDA compliance.
He has advised clients on outsourcing projects, IT development and exploitation in sectors including telecoms, financial services, logistics, retail, regulated utilities and local government.
During his career, Nick has completed a number of successful secondments including with a UK Telecoms giant, a large mortgage lender and has also acted as GC for a start-up BPO operation.
Examples of projects include:
- Acting for and leading negotiations for large telecoms client on outsourcing of large sections of its IT infrastructure to IBM;
- Advising a global software company on their standard licensing terms;
- Advising FTSE 100 company client on setting up of a new online channel;
- Acting for large financial institution on e-commerce website development and software licensing agreements;
- Acting for insurance client on e-commerce website terms and conditions and compliance with legislation;
- Acting for local government department on outsourcing of its data centre requirements;
- Advising telecoms company on launch of a product in a new market including localisation of its standard terms and regulatory advise.
In his role as Head of e-Strategy at Eversheds, Nick worked with GC’s and in-house teams of FTSE 100 and Fortune 50 companies to drive efficiency into the legal process and reduce risk through the use of technology, creating a number of award winning online services, including e-learning (competition law, data protection, ethics, equality, age discrimination, global employment law, directors responsibilities), document assembly, online information services and guidance maps, E-discovery services and online collaboration, website design and development.
Data, Privacy and Cyber
Public law and judicial review
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office