Transport and logistics
With many years' of experience in supporting the transport and logistics sector, we understand that the way in which you do business is changing. Transport and logistics sit at the heart of how the commercial economy and marketplace work.
We stand out as one of the largest, specialist transport and logistics legal teams in the UK. Our work in transport and logistics draws together expertise from across our industry specialisms, in particular, manufacturing, retail and consumer and aviation, as well as wider sector specialisms such as real estate, insurance, technology and health and social care.
We help you achieve success across the supply chain, managing risk at all stages, including manufacturing, procurement, warehousing and distribution.
Whether working locally, or across our global network we deliver tailored solutions in rapidly changing areas, such as compliance and regulatory, as well as counter-fraud detection and investigation, litigation and dispute resolution, commercial and corporate matters, claims and risk management.
Our approach is unashamedly solution-focused, anticipating the challenges you might face as well as delivering customised courses of action that get you the results you need.
Our team is regularly instructed to advise transport and logistics clients on Police and HSE investigations arising from fatal accidents and incidents involving serious injuries to employees and members of the public.
Our breadth of expertise in the sector means clients are confident in instructing us to advise them on their Operator's Licence responsibilities. We regularly appear before the Traffic Commissioner at preliminary hearings, public inquiries and conduct hearings. We are also no strangers to advising on DVSA inspections and enforcement actions.
To support our clients, we offer bespoke training to help them develop their safety culture and understand their responsibilities to the various regulators.
In addition to the above, our Corporate Insurance & Risk (CIR) is a division of DAC Beachcroft, created to service and manage liabilities and risk for corporate clients with specialist capability in transport and logistics. See our Corporate Insurance & Risk page for more details.
We act for bus and rail operator, The Go-Ahead Group, and its many subsidiaries on its large real estate portfolio. Recent transactions include the following:
- Acting on the freehold purchase of a bus garage for a consideration of £8m+ for the client’s own occupation to facilitate its relocation from leasehold premises, including advising on contaminated land issues, the applicability of TOGC provisions to the sale (initially disputed by the seller) and securing early occupation via a licence to occupy
- Advising on the sale of a site in Hove to a residential developer conditional on planning for the construction of 80 residential units plus ground floor commercial space, conditional on securing the release of restrictive covenants against residential use, including planning coverage
- The acquisition of industrial land in Barking for redevelopment purposes by way of share purchase for a purchase price of £13.5m, including the transfer of extraneous properties out of the target company as a pre-condition to purchase
- Advising on the Group’s program of electrification of its bus garages including advising on the use of permitted development rights for the installation of power and refuelling infrastructure, negotiating leases for the installation of such infrastructure, and providing construction advice on the preparation of NEC contracts and negotiation of Z clauses
- Advising Go-Ahead on their new arrangements with Transport for Greater Manchester following the introduction of a new bus franchise system, the Bee Network. This included advising on the terms of the Franchising Agreement as part of the initial bid process, disposing of Go-Ahead's existing freehold depot to TfGM and taking lease of 2 new depots from TfGM.
Transport and logistics key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0) 117 918 2117
Partner, Commercial Director – Corporate Insurance & Risk
Partner, Commercial Director – Corporate Insurance & Risk
+44 (0)117 918 2232
+44(0)20 7894 6857
+44 (0)113 251 4862
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
We deliver a uniquely tailored, full service approach to supporting you with all your aviation needs.Learn more
Our nationwide team of specialist lawyers is dedicated to supporting all types of charities and not for profit organisations on all legal, regulatory and governance matters impacting on them.Learn more
Construction and Engineering
Our expertise in construction and engineering law combined with genuine sector knowledge means our advice is tailored to drive your success.Learn more
Widespread concern and focused activism about climate change and inequality are having far reaching effects. Businesses and organisations are being called upon to act as stewards for people and the planet, and governments are responding with binding targets and increasing regulation.Learn more
Leading education sector advisers offering proactive support and comprehensive legal services for schools, colleges, universities, and government bodies.Learn more
Government and Public Sector
Our long-standing government practice works on key projects for central government, local authorities, higher education establishments and the NHS.Learn more
Infrastructure and Projects
Our Infrastructure and Projects practice is involved in major national infrastructure and market-leading projects, bringing an incredible breadth and depth of expertise and industry knowledge to help your scheme succeed.Learn more
Leisure and Hospitality
We’re known for our work driving growth and delivering success across all areas of the leisure and hospitality sector.Learn more
We have decades of experience, working with some of the best known manufacturing brands in the UK and around the world.Learn more
Retail and Consumer
We provide a complete service to retail brands, manufacturers, developers, owners, local authorities, funds and institutional investors, and managers of retail destinations in the public and private sector.Learn more
Shipping, Trade and Commodities
Our specialist team provides expert advice and support on a range of aspects of shipping and foreign trade.Learn more
As a specialist adviser to many institutions across the sporting spectrum, we provide the full range of legal services required to navigate this increasingly complex arena.Learn more