Health infrastructure is key on the Government's agenda, pledging to build 48 new hospitals by 2030, committing to create a net zero NHS by 2040, providing funding to build new elective surgical hubs/units to provide elective recovery against the backlog in elective care and preparing for the expiry of Hospital PFIs.
Our highly experienced multi-disciplined national team of healthcare infrastructure lawyers have a deep understanding and knowledge of the healthcare sector.
We support a wide range of public and private clients on the whole project lifecycle, from structuring contracts and procurements through to expiry and beyond, with advice in relation to specialist areas, such as procurement, property & development, construction, planning, commercial, corporate and regulatory.
Examples of the service areas covered by our Healthcare Infrastructure team include:
- PFI/PPP projects
- NHS LIFT schemes
- Strategic estate partnerships
- Facilities management contracts/outsourcing
- Design and build projects
- Estate rationalisation and transformation
- Corporate vehicles for healthcare projects
- Land and leasing
- Developer agreements
- Energy Infrastructure projects/power purchase agreements
- Supplier contracts and procurement
- Procurement, including procurement challenges, competition and state aid.
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on its infrastructure project to build a new hospital under the New Hospitals Programme (NHP), and providing advice to multiple NHS Trusts on the multi-party alliance based NHP Agreement
- Assisting an NHS Foundation Trust on the 'reset' of its operational PFI project relating to the PFI estate condition in preparation for PFI expiry and handback
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on its development of a new state-of-the-art pharmacy and sterile services facility using a forward funding model in conjunction with its strategic estates joint venture delivery partner
- Assisting an NHS Foundation Trust on a number of PFI variations relating to the reconfiguration and refurbishment works at its PFI hospital and associated services delivery
- Advising a number of NHS Trusts on their decarbonisation and energy efficiency projects under a range of delivery models, including the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme
Immersed in the insurance market, we continually deliver innovative solutions for you including a dedicated advocacy and advisory service.Learn more
The health and social care sector remains under great pressure to both generate efficiencies as well as adopt innovation, all while continuing to provide safe and high quality care. This means that informed, commercial decisions need to be made, often at pace, against a backdrop of complex frameworks, and within a highly regulated environment.Learn more
We work with a wide range of businesses, nationally and internationally, across the health and social care sector, providing a comprehensive service across the whole spectrum of corporate transactions and advice.Learn more
Our Dispute Resolution team has an established reputation for handling complex, high value commercial disputes and achieving successful and pragmatic solutions for our clients.Learn more
Health Data, Privacy and Cyber
Our specialist lawyers understand, and advise based on the sensitivity and huge value of data in health and social care.Learn more
Our market-leading employment team provides tailored solutions to difficult problems across the health and social care sector.Learn more
Our market-leading health and procurement teams provide expert guidance and support, alongside a diverse range of solutions tailored to your needs.Learn more
Public Law and Judicial Review
Our public law team is uniquely experienced in acting for public bodies on high-profile judicial reviews, and advisory work across the health and social care sector.Learn more
Regulatory and Investigations
Our comprehensive regulatory services span diverse sectors, including healthcare, finance, and more. We offer pragmatic, industry-specific advice to ensure compliance and navigate complex regulations with confidence.Learn more
Health Infrastructure key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)117 918 2318
+44 (0) 117 918 2179
+44 (0)191 404 4060
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
Charities and Not for Profit Providers
We’re passionate about the charity sector and have a deep understanding of the charity and not for profit regulatory environment as well as the wider health and social care sector.Learn more
Our infrastructure and projects team is at the forefront of advising clients on strategic healthcare infrastructure projects.Learn more
Our award winning team is the leading provider of legal advice to the UK independent health and social care sector. We offer tailored solutions to help our clients deliver high-quality care.Learn more
MedTech and Digital Health
Our market-leading team supports MedTech and digital health organisations, from ambitious innovators to established global listed companies, at various stages of their life cycle.Learn more
We provide specialist, practical and tailored legal advice for mental health service providers and commissioners, with a 24-hour accessible service.Learn more
We offer market-leading, innovative, legal advice to enable the NHS to focus on delivering high-quality, safe patient care.Learn more
Our experts provide trusted legal advice to a wide range of organisations operating within the social care sector, supporting them to deliver safe care that will withstand legal, regulatory and public scrutiny, whilst also growing and developing their own organisation.Learn more