Banking and Finance
We provide responsive, commercial and directional advice to our clients across the range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions.
Our Banking & Finance team advises borrowers, banks, non-bank lenders, financial investors, corporates and other stakeholders on a range of loan financing transactions. Our team is drawn from a range of City firms and has a breadth of experience across all loan products which enables us to find creative solutions to complex issues.
Offering a distinctively partner-led approach, our deal teams are hands-on and clients have direct, unfettered access to the lead partner throughout each transaction allowing us to quickly identify the key legal and commercial points and achieve the best terms for our clients.
Our expertise includes real estate finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, receivables and other structured finance, growth capital investments, asset backed lending and general corporate lending.
- Real estate finance: We work with our market leading real estate, planning, construction, tax and healthcare teams to deliver a seamless service for our lender, developer and investor clients. We have deep experience throughout the full range of asset classes, derived from our many years of operating in the market with one of the largest real estate practice groups in the UK.
- Receivables and structured finance: We advise on a range of receivables-backed loan structures, borrowing base facilities and other bespoke structured financing transactions. Our experience covers the spectrum of underlying asset classes including consumer loans, credit card receivables, SME loan receivables and development loans.
- Leverage and acquisition finance: We have deep experience of advising on a range of products including widely syndicated institutional loan products (such as term loan B), private credit solutions (such as unitranche (including super senior revolving and similar structures), subordinated financings and PIK and other holdco instruments) and hybrid instruments (such as preferred equity or convertible instruments).
- Growth capital: We work closely with our corporate, tax, tech and IP teams to deliver a full service financing solution for growth capital investors and companies looking to raise growth capital. We have a firm grasp of the intricacies of growth capital investing and are able to guide clients through the potential pitfalls facing investors and issuers in this space.
- General corporate banking: We act for a number of borrowers on a range of general corporate banking transactions for a range of purposes.
Structured and Receivables Finance
- Advising Ferovinum in connection with the senior and mezzanine receivable and asset backed financings of from NatWest and BCI Capital.
- Advising Stronghold Asset Management, a Spanish real estate debt platform, on a significant receivables backed revolving credit facility and related equity linked investment from Goldman Sachs.
- Acting for Tower Street Finance in connection with their up to £100m receivables backed financing from Pollen Street Capital.
- Advising Global Growth Capital in connection with their mezzanine financing of Schneider Financial Services.
Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Acting for TC Group in connection with the senior and mezzanine debt facilities provided by funds managed by Apera Asset Management.
- Advising Exponential-e Limited on the amendments to its c.£50m term and revolving credit facilities (and the establishment of incremental RCF commitments) in connection with its acquisition of Vysiion Limited.
- Advising Viaro Energy Limited on the £250m UK Takeover Code compliant debt financing of its takeover of RockRose Energy plc.
- Advising JPJ Group plc on the €196m incremental term loan B commitment to support its acquisition of the non-sports and content business of the Gamesys Group.
- Advising Gamesys Group plc on the repricing of its c.£550,000,000 term loan B and revolving credit facilities.
- Advising NQ Minerals plc in relation to its listed securities backed £75m acquisition and development financing.
Real estate finance
- Advising Barwood Homes and Alteris Capital in connection with their senior and mezzanine development financing provided by Homes England (as senior lender) and Signal Capital Partners (as mezzanine lender).
- Advising the Capital Land group on a c.£37m option premium financing in respect of a large development site provided by funds managed by North Wall Capital LLP.
- Advising vehicles managed by Puma Property Finance on a refinancing and development financing of a high end residential scheme.
- Advising a local authority on a significant direct debt financing of a portfolio of real estate assets associated with a UK listed consumer goods group.
- Advising Bewley Homes plc on its £110m revolving credit facility refinancing provided by Lloyds and HSBC.
- Advising vehicles managed by Puma Property Finance on the development financing of two care homes developed by Patron Capital owned Hamberley Developments.
- Advising Davidsons Homes in connection with its revolving credit facility.
- Advising Elder Technologies Limited on the €20m growth financing provided by funds managed by IPF Management.
- Advising Ultraleap (formerly Ultrahaptics) on its series B and C equity rounds, its acquisition of US-based Leap Motion, £5m debt financing, £10m future fund convertible loan investment and recent growth financing provided by HSBC. Advising Ometria Limited (a retail focussed customer data and experience platform) on an ARR linked revolving credit facility provided by Canadian Imperial Bank of Commercial.
- Advising Chiaro Technologies Limited (the technology firm behind the Elvie brand) on a growth financing provided by HSBC.
- Advising various investment firms on a range of venture debt and growth capital financing transactions.
General corporate banking
- Advising Bewley Homes plc on its £110m revolving credit facility refinancing provided by Lloyds and HSBC
- Advising Lords Group Trading plc on its revolving credit and working capital facilities.
- Advising the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on its revolving credit facility.
- Advising a leading professional services firm on its revolving credit and working capital facilities.
- Advising an international real estate consultancy on a cash pooling arrangement.
Banking and Finance Disputes
We specialise in handling complex, domestic and international financial disputes, advising banks, financial institutions and financial professionals across a wide spectrum of claims.Learn more
Banking and Finance
Our Banking and Finance team advises across the spectrum of domestic and cross-border financing transactions.Learn more
Our extensive commercial services span various sectors, with dedicated teams in insurance, healthcare, technology, and more. We provide expert guidance on procurement, IT, contracts, intellectual property, competition, and more.Learn more
Our corporate team delivers comprehensive legal solutions to a diverse clientele. We specialise in M&A, Equity Capital Markets, and corporate advisory matters, collaborating seamlessly to help clients achieve their business goals.Learn more
Data, Privacy and Cyber
Our Data, Privacy and Cyber team provides advice and support on advisory and contentious matters of all sizes and complexity.Learn more
Our Dispute Resolution team has an established reputation for handling complex, high value commercial disputes and achieving successful and pragmatic solutions for our clients.Learn more
Financial Services Regulatory
We provide expert advice on financial services regulation to banks, asset managers, securities brokers, insurers and insurance brokers, and financial advisers.Learn more
We advise clients on internal investigations into issues ranging from compliance breaches in regulated firms to any matter involving people and the workplace.Learn more
What our clients say
Great energy combined with wise counsel.
Legal 500 UK 2023 Edition, Commercial Litigation: Mid-market, London
Banking and Finance key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)117 366 2445
+44(0)117 918 2605
+44 (0) 117 918 2664
+44 (0)117 918 2749
+44 (0)117 366 2869
+44 (0) 117 918 2163
+44(0)20 7894 6200
+44 (0) 20 7894 6346
+44 (0)117 918 2195
+44 (0)117 918 2221
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
DAC Beachcroft is recognised as a pre-eminent advisor to the insurance market, and we place a strong emphasis on the long-term relationships we build with you so that we can really add value to your business.Learn more
Health and Social Care
DAC Beachcroft is regarded as market leaders in the provision of corporate, commercial and regulatory legal advice to healthcare providers.Learn more
With 170 lawyers we are one of the largest Real Estate legal teams in the UK. Our extensive network gives us national, regional and local knowledge and access.Learn more
We regularly advise product designers and manufacturers, trade bodies, and retailers, distributors and venture capitalists looking to invest in the financial services sector.Learn more
As long-standing and trusted advisers in the technology sector, we deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions that empower you to make informed decisions about how best to maximise your success.Learn more