The nature of the risks to which professionals are exposed continues to evolve and become more complex, as the legal and regulatory frameworks against which industry and commerce operate develop and societal demands frame expectations. Our specialist team is here to protect the reputations of professionals, and mitigate the financial and personal impact that professional liability claims and increasingly frequent regulatory investigations can hold for individuals and firms. With capabilities in the UK, across Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America, our network of professional liability specialists provides pragmatic, market leading expertise drawn from our deep experience gathered over many years. Whether mediating, adjudicating, arbitrating or litigating, our team has the disputes skills, expertise and depth of resource to deliver results swiftly and effectively.
Working in conjunction with Risk and General Counsel functions of global and national professional services firms (and their captive and open market professional indemnity insurers), we have a world class track record of defending and resolving claims on behalf of established and emerging professions.
Drawing upon the broader cross-discipline and sector expertise residing within the firm, our team also has experience of dealing with fast developing emerging risks such as those associated with ESG, climate change risk, cyber and artificial intelligence as well as development of collective redress regimes and litigation funding. The team also has unique experience of defending firms and individuals in the ever more active field of regulatory actions brought by bodies such as the FRC, ICAEW, SRA, and RICS.
Building strong ongoing relationships is important to us. An emphasis on early establishment of case resolution objectives, combined with innovative technology means we can provide the right support and deliver agreed outcomes.
We deal with disputes involving all professions including:
- Legal professionals from large City and international firms to sole practitioners and the Bar.
- Property professionals - consultants, estate agency and property services groups.
- Construction sector - often technically challenging multi-party claims against architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, project managers, design and build contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
- Accountants, auditors, actuaries and insolvency professionals with claims relating to everything from audits to emerging areas such as cyber-crime.
- Financial advisers and wealth managers - defending a wide variety of claims and advising on strategic issues and mitigation of future risks.
- Insurance brokers arising from both commercial and personal lines business be it domestic or international.
- We acted for the successful lawyers in the first instance and Court of Appeal proceedings in Yee & others v 174 Law Solicitors Ltd, and in successfully opposing the claimants' application for permission to appeal to the Supreme Court.
- Defending a multi-million pound multi-party claim in the TCC against a firm of architects arising from allegations of negligent design, design co-ordination and inspection at a newly built specialist A&E hospital in the north of England.
- Successfully defending a firm of tax advisors in a £35m claim by the liquidators of a property investment club. Following a 5 week trial, our clients were completely exonerated of allegations of negligence, dishonest assistance and unlawful means conspiracy.
With our innovative approach and immersion in the market we’ve built a strong reputation with the emerging professions. From new technology advisers, to web, marketing and design professionals, from wedding photographers and home-based businesses to advisers and consultants in large global corporates, we are recognised as legal experts.
Our first-class team advises accountants, auditors, actuaries, tax specialists, insolvency practitioners and their insurers on professional liability claims, regulatory investigations and disciplinary issues.Learn more
Construction Professional Indemnity
Our market leading team has significant specialist expertise in handling construction professional indemnity claims both nationally and internationally.Learn more
We have significant expertise in defending claims against schools, colleges, academies and universities.Learn more
Our experienced team has significant expertise in advising financial advisers and their insurers on claims made against them.Learn more
Our market leading team has significant expertise in defending insurance brokers and their insurers.Learn more
Our large legal professional liability team has the flexibility and expertise to handle cases from highly complex matters to volume claims.Learn more
Surveyors & Valuers
Our market leading national team has significant expertise advising and defending property professionals and their insurers.Learn more
Our experts advise technology professionals and their insurers on the full range of professional liability claims with strategic solutions. We also advise insurers on policy wording and coverage.Learn more
What our clients say
Outstanding in the prof neg world, consistently praised by clients, excellent work product but without any fuss.
Legal 500 (2023) – London
The firm understands the importance of relationships and commercial considerations when dealing with matters.
Chambers UK Guide 2023 – London (Firms) Professional Negligence
I have always found DAC Beachcroft excellent in terms of their ability to deal with all manner of cases.
Chambers UK Guide 2023 – North West Professional Negligence
DAC Beachcroft always offer commercially sensible advice and their turnaround times are excellent. The team are nimble and work together to provide timely and expert advice.
Chambers UK Guide 2023 – Wales Professional Negligence
Professional Liability key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)20 7894 6930
+44 20 7894 6123
+44 (0)117 918 2256
+44 (0)113 251 4775
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
DAC Beachcroft is recognised as a pre-eminent advisor to the insurance market, and we place a strong emphasis on the long-term relationships we build with you so that we can really add value to your business.Learn more
Health and Social Care
DAC Beachcroft is regarded as market leaders in the provision of corporate, commercial and regulatory legal advice to healthcare providers.Learn more
With 170 lawyers we are one of the largest Real Estate legal teams in the UK. Our extensive network gives us national, regional and local knowledge and access.Learn more
We regularly advise product designers and manufacturers, trade bodies, and retailers, distributors and venture capitalists looking to invest in the financial services sector.Learn more
As long-standing and trusted advisers in the technology sector, we deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions that empower you to make informed decisions about how best to maximise your success.Learn more