Financial Services Regulatory
The pace of change and increasing complexity of financial services regulation makes it harder than ever to ensure compliance. We provide expert advice on financial services regulation to banks, asset managers, securities brokers, insurers and insurance brokers, financial advisers, payment services firms, e-money providers and consumer credit firms.
We have expertise in all aspects of regulation of financial services businesses by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority including:
- obtaining authorisation for new businesses.
- launch of new service lines and products.
- change of control approval for acquisition of regulated firms.
- transfer of books of business including court-sanctioned transfers of banking and insurance business under Part VII FSMA.
- ongoing conduct of business, including the Consumer Duty.
- consumer credit.
- payment services and e-money.
- business risks, including anti-money laundering and sanctions controls and anti-market abuse procedures.
- trading controls in asset managers and broking businesses and dealing with trading errors.
- capital requirements.
- client money and assets.
- regulatory reporting and notifications.
- governance and the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- customer complaints and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- handling regulatory breaches, including internal investigations and customer remediation.
- regulatory change programmes.
- regulatory interventions including imposition of requirements and variations of permission.
- responding to enforcement investigations and defending enforcement proceedings.
- Advising a major insurance firm on a Part VII transfer of insurance business.
- Authorisation applications for the launch of a new bank and a new life assurance company.
- Advising asset managers on anti-market abuse controls and internal investigations into suspected market abuse.
- Advising asset managers on handling trading error incidents.
Banking, Restructuring and Insolvency
Navigating complex financial landscapes with expertise. We excel at providing effective solutions to complex transactions, offering commercial, cross-border financial expertise.Learn more
Our Dispute Resolution team has an established reputation for handling complex, high value commercial disputes and achieving successful and pragmatic solutions for our clients.Learn more
We advise financial institutions facing investigations and enforcement action or other interventions by financial services regulators.Learn more
What our clients say
The practice is highly experienced in financial services litigation and insurance claims
Legal 500 UK 2023 Edition, Commercial Litigation: Bristol, South West
Financial Services Regulatory key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)20 7894 6322
+44 (0) 20 7894 6268
+44 (0)20 7894 6356
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
DAC Beachcroft is recognised as a pre-eminent advisor to the insurance market, and we place a strong emphasis on the long-term relationships we build with you so that we can really add value to your business.Learn more
Health and Social Care
DAC Beachcroft is regarded as market leaders in the provision of corporate, commercial and regulatory legal advice to healthcare providers.Learn more
With 170 lawyers we are one of the largest Real Estate legal teams in the UK. Our extensive network gives us national, regional and local knowledge and access.Learn more
We regularly advise product designers and manufacturers, trade bodies, and retailers, distributors and venture capitalists looking to invest in the financial services sector.Learn more
As long-standing and trusted advisers in the technology sector, we deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions that empower you to make informed decisions about how best to maximise your success.Learn more