We have considerable experience of investigating corporate fraud, internal and external, and particular expertise in penetrating the confidentiality of offshore jurisdictions. We advise on the legal issues surrounding covert investigations and aggressive litigation techniques, including injunctive relief, to uncover evidence of theft and recover stolen assets.
On the discovery of fraud, our specialist lawyers offer rapid and decisive action to protect assets pending trial or earlier settlement. We also have the expertise to coordinate a successful litigation strategy across multiple jurisdictions if required.
We are equally adept at defending parties who become subjected to investigation and prosecution by the criminal authorities for fraud and related conspiracy offences. We can respond effectively to dawn raids, represent individuals in police interviews, assist in the response to documentary production orders and regularly act for individuals in trial in the magistrates and crown courts.
Guarding against fraud is critical, and our team is well qualified to advise on the setting up and management of effective systems and controls for fraud prevention. We help organisations develop programmes designed to reduce the risk of theft and corruption, for example advising on employee screening, secret profiteering, competitive intelligence and corporate fraud.
We deliver advice on the full range of issues in this area including asset theft, brand protection, intellectual property infringement, deceit, breach of fiduciary duties, wrongful use of data and theft of confidential information.
- Acting for an oil and gas company plus its subsidiaries and statutory directors, defending them against a claim for £85m involving allegations of unlawful means conspiracy and defrauding creditors. Claims arise out of various joint ventures which operate assets in the North Sea.
- Acting for CMC Spreadbet Plc on a claim against 20 defendants concerning their use of online spread betting services via an online platform. The dispute concerned a conspiracy to defraud CMC by the use of unauthorised automated software on the betting platform.
- Representing a group of senior oil industry executives in connection with a $5 billion international arbitration in an oil and gas industry dispute in which allegations of fraudulent misrepresentations were made against our clients, with the hearing taking place in Singapore
- Securing a significant win for a property investment client in a case involving fraudulent misrepresentations made prior to a contract
- Acting for certain Defendants (including the former Bulgarian Minister of Finance) in their defence of a £330m claim by LIC Telecommunications SARL and Empreno Ventures Limited alleging the sale at undervalue of part of the Bulgarian telecoms network
- Acting for CMC Markets Plc and its worldwide subsidiaries in a fraud/conspiracy claim against the Group’s Chief Commercial Officer and a former employee of the Sydney office (plus others). The claim concerned secret profits via 'introduction fees' or 'facilitation payments' from contractors regarding numerous construction projects in 14 different jurisdictions.
Banking and Finance Disputes
We specialise in handling complex, domestic and international financial disputes, advising banks, financial institutions and financial professionals across a wide spectrum of claims.Learn more
We advise on all aspects of business crime with a market leading team that delivers sophisticated support and practical solutions to any issue.Learn more
Clinical Risk and Medical Malpractice
We understand the challenges that arise in the healthcare sector when patient expectations are not met, and we also recognise that cost pressures in the sector and on medical malpractice indemnifiers have never been so acute. As the provision of healthcare fragments away from its traditional delivery models, more and more claims activity will affect commercial entities, private clinics, hospitals, general healthcare providers – and their insurers.Learn more
Defamation and Reputation Management
A respected brand or reputation takes years to build but can be damaged all too quickly, and take a huge amount of time and investment to restore. Our team advises businesses, individuals, insurers and public bodies on a wide range of defamation and reputation management issues. Whether you are looking to protect your reputation or defend claims made against you, we provide advice that combines an effective legal strategy with a commercial approach in this highly sensitive area.Learn more
We have considerable experience of investigating corporate fraud, internal and external, and particular expertise in penetrating the confidentiality of offshore jurisdictions. We advise on the legal issues surrounding covert investigations and aggressive litigation techniques, including injunctive relief, to uncover evidence of theft and recover stolen assets.Learn more
Working as part of one of the largest, leading health and social care teams in the UK, we recognise the importance of resolving disputes in a way that meets the needs of patients and healthcare providers – both NHS and independent. Our extensive network of lawyers, in the UK and across the world, are experts in resolving commercial disputes with innovative, practical advice.Learn more
The premier adviser to the global insurance sector, offering innovative insurance claims solutions, and policy advice, including mediation, arbitration, and litigation.Learn more
Disputes can be a highly sensitive matter for businesses. Parties choose arbitration because the process is private, ensuring confidentiality and minimising the risk of reputational damage. Arbitration can be swifter, cost-effective and a more flexible process than court proceedings, allowing for a more tailored approach and a range of solutions. Arbitration also provides finality, with limited grounds to challenge an arbitral award. It is increasingly the preferred choice for cross-border and multi-jurisdictional disputes.Learn more
Fraud key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0) 20 7894 6260
+44 (0)20 7894 6290
+44 (0)117 918 2018
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
DAC Beachcroft is recognised as a pre-eminent advisor to the insurance market, and we place a strong emphasis on the long-term relationships we build with you so that we can really add value to your business.Learn more
Health and Social Care
DAC Beachcroft is regarded as market leaders in the provision of corporate, commercial and regulatory legal advice to healthcare providers.Learn more
With 170 lawyers we are one of the largest Real Estate legal teams in the UK. Our extensive network gives us national, regional and local knowledge and access.Learn more
We regularly advise product designers and manufacturers, trade bodies, and retailers, distributors and venture capitalists looking to invest in the financial services sector.Learn more
As long-standing and trusted advisers in the technology sector, we deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions that empower you to make informed decisions about how best to maximise your success.Learn more