Our sports expertise, drawn from across the legal disciplines, helps to deliver solutions for you on any aspect. We’re a full service, international firm with the strength to support across commercial, employment, technology, regulatory, insurance, data protection, cyber, and banking.
We work with high profile organisations spanning a wide range of sports including premier league football clubs, national regulators, investors, international governing bodies, athletes, brands and agents. We’ve also advised on significant events including The Ryder Cup, Royal Ascot and The Olympics.
The breadth of our sports and commercial experience means we can provide advice across all matters including digital sports and technology matters, intellectual property and broadcasting rights, employment disputes, regulatory and disciplinary matters, through to major real estate development projects and insurance. We advise on all corporate and commercial matters such as financing and commercial contracts.
Our sports insurance lawyers, sports injury lawyers and commercial disputes resolution team bring industry-leading experience in claims and litigation which will help you to explore new opportunities and also mitigate emerging risks. We understand the importance of reputation management and deliver advice that protects yours.
- Providing a national government agency with strategic advice in relation to specific insurance risk/coverage requirements for the Olympics
- Defending a claim against a sports governing body by a coach following a safeguarding investigation
- Strategic insurance advice for a national governing body to enhance and benchmark their standards to UK levels
- Advising on local authority investigation and supporting a national sports governing body following a serious incident during a world rally sanctioned event
- Successful defence on behalf of insurers against a claim by a former England Rugby 7's captain through arbitration
- Negotiated settlement at JSM of claim for personal injury following tackle Rugby League Super League playoff match. Liability disputed throughout and expert evidence obtained on issue of liability
- Successful defence of a claim made by a reigning Speedway World Champion following a collision with a circuit barrier
- Advised Premier League Football Club on construction and development of its stadium and training facilities
- Advised F1 team on property and construction matters, including expansion and extension of occupation of their base premises
- Advised Premier League Football Club on various including a prospective application to ‘consolidate’ the premises licences held by the Club and to broaden its licensable activities
- Advising professional football club in relation to stadium policing
- Advising on provision of football finance for Premier League Football Clubs and Championship League Clubs relating to national and international transfers
- Advice to various bodies on anti-doping issues
Sports Law key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)161 934 3043
+44 (0)121 698 5356
+44 (0) 117 918 2251
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
We deliver a uniquely tailored, full service approach to supporting you with all your aviation needs.Learn more
Our nationwide team of specialist lawyers is dedicated to supporting all types of charities and not for profit organisations on all legal, regulatory and governance matters impacting on them.Learn more
Construction and Engineering
Our expertise in construction and engineering law combined with genuine sector knowledge means our advice is tailored to drive your success.Learn more
Widespread concern and focused activism about climate change and inequality are having far reaching effects. Businesses and organisations are being called upon to act as stewards for people and the planet, and governments are responding with binding targets and increasing regulation.Learn more
Leading education sector advisers offering proactive support and comprehensive legal services for schools, colleges, universities, and government bodies.Learn more
Government and Public Sector
Our long-standing government practice works on key projects for central government, local authorities, higher education establishments and the NHS.Learn more
Infrastructure and Projects
Our Infrastructure and Projects practice is involved in major national infrastructure and market-leading projects, bringing an incredible breadth and depth of expertise and industry knowledge to help your scheme succeed.Learn more
Leisure and Hospitality
We’re known for our work driving growth and delivering success across all areas of the leisure and hospitality sector.Learn more
We have decades of experience, working with some of the best known manufacturing brands in the UK and around the world.Learn more
Retail and Consumer
We provide a complete service to retail brands, manufacturers, developers, owners, local authorities, funds and institutional investors, and managers of retail destinations in the public and private sector.Learn more
Shipping, Trade and Commodities
Our specialist team provides expert advice and support on a range of aspects of shipping and foreign trade.Learn more
As a specialist adviser to many institutions across the sporting spectrum, we provide the full range of legal services required to navigate this increasingly complex arena.Learn more