As a selected panel firm of Crown Commercial Services, we are involved in an exciting range of central government projects; from high profile conservation schemes and bold new developments, to refurbishments of public buildings throughout the country – including schools, offices and major infrastructure projects. We also work for a wide range of local authorities, in both development and asset management, that help you and the local community derive the best value from the built environment.
Our government specialists are part of one of the largest real estate teams in the country. We build on this with expertise from across our multidisciplinary commercial, regulatory and litigation teams to deliver innovative responses.
Whether you’re in central or local government, working on development, acquisition/disposal, management, planning, construction or litigation matters, our approach is based around listening to what you need and understanding the best ways to deliver this. We stand out for our practical solutions, many of which play a strategic role in urban regeneration schemes, whilst balancing risk profiles aligned with the use of public funds.
We build strong relationships that deliver high quality advice in sophisticated, customised and creative ways. Our long history of working in the sector and involvement on a wide range of projects means that our approach is highly informed, with experience of successfully addressing the many challenges of development and construction projects and property matters generally within the controlled environment of central and local government.
- Advising a Government Body on the development of its largest regional office hub to date for 9000 personnel including the complex transaction documentation and close interrogation of the construction arrangements.
- Advising a South East England Council on the disposal of its former County Hall (a listed building) for residential development and the acquisition of the new head office, delivering immediate office requirements and strategic land opportunities.
- Advising a Government Body on the disposal of a high value central London site for redevelopment including all arrangements around decant of current occupiers and overage to protect future value uplift.
- Providing development advice to a north west council for a mixed use scheme that involved initial site assembly advice, CPO, construction contracts, major anchor tenant pre-let agreements, utility deeds of easement and grant funding.
- Advising a northern council on all planning aspects of a garden village scheme. This has included an assessment of the council’s technical evidence base, masterplan SPD and a site wide infrastructure framework.
- Advising a South England council on their investment transactions as well as their business as usual asset management work including: reports on title, site investigations, leases, licences, procurement and planning for transactions including their schools conversion programme, development of extra care facilities and grant funding arrangements.
We provide a dedicated asset management service to clients including the owners of the largest retail destinations in the country and major office development.Learn more
Construction and Engineering
We provide a dedicated construction and engineering service to the private and public sectors.Learn more
Investment and Development
We provide a dedicated investment and development service to clients including commercial developers and owner occupiers, funds and financial institutions and the public sector.Learn more
Planning and Environment
We provide specialist planning and environmental services across the complete range of contentious and non-contentious planning advice.Learn more
We provide specialist portfolio management services and expertise that focuses on fixed fee instructions, volume and project matter management and routine property transactions.Learn more
We provide specialist real estate litigation services that protect the value of your property assets and reputation.Learn more
Residential Development and Plots
We provide specialist residential development expertise through the full cycle of a residential development, on large estates, garden villages, BTR, student accommodation and retirement living.Learn more
What our clients say
Government key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)161 934 3014
+44 (0)191 404 4019
+44 (0)117 918 2167
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
We provide a complete real estate service to schools, colleges, universities and government on new build, refurbishment projects and ownership.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service that includes advice on development, acquisition/disposal, occupation, planning, construction and litigation.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service across the health and social care sector, for both public health bodies, NHS Foundation Trusts and private providers as well as to developers, investors and funders – both national and international.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service to developers, investors and occupiers on planning, investment, development, construction and asset management matters.Learn more
Industrial and Logistics
We provide a complete real estate service to developers, investors and occupiers on planning/environmental, development, construction and asset management matters and associated commercial agreements.Learn more
Residential Development and Plots
We provide a complete real estate service to leading national housebuilders, specialist developers and housing associations.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service to national and international developers, owners, funds and institutional investors and local authorities.Learn more
We provide a complete service for mobile operators, infrastructure providers and developers on all contentious and non contentious issues connected with real estate associated telecommunications.Learn more