Joanna has experience in a wide range of development work involving residential, commercial and mixed use schemes as well as advising on consortium and strategic land. She has acted primarily for developers, initially in Australia and since 2011 in the UK, but also for landowners.
Working for developers has meant that Joanna has dealt with a variety of transactions from the negotiation of complicated options and conditional contracts, overage agreements and collaboration agreements, affordable housing agreements, sale and leaseback transactions and joint venture arrangements.
Joanna is also a planning lawyer with areas of expertise including:
- Residential planning and negotiation of planning agreements
- Highways and other infrastructure agreements
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Affordable Housing and viability
With her experience Joanna prides herself on being able to assist with all aspects of the life of a development from the acquisition, planning and right through to the plot sales.
Career highlights include:
- Site assembly acquisition, negotiation of joint venture arrangements and finance structure, negotiation of planning agreement(s) and eventual sale of a site in East London with a value of £70 million
- Due diligence review on a hotel portfolio worth £230 million
- Negotiation of merger of 2 colleges including refinance of the property portfolio of the new merged entity
- Consortium solicitor for a 3000 home development in Aylesbury
Joanna is cross-qualified in Australia and England having first been admitted as a solicitor in 2007.
Planning and Environment
- 25 Walbrook
- EC4N 8AF
+44 (0) 207 242 1011View our office