Annis specialises in defending high value claims on behalf of insurer clients, including fatal and life changing catastrophic injury claims such as spinal injuries, brain injury and complex psychological disorders. Annis is regularly instructed at the outset of a claim before litigation and is instrumental in developing strategies with clients, identifying risks, constructing clear defences and proactively entering into negotiations, achieving successful early settlements.
Annis has over 11 years’ litigation experience advising clients across a range of sectors including motor injury and employers’ liability and public liability claims. She works for a variety of insurer clients and frequently works collaboratively with the DAC Regulatory Team in multi-faceted cases, allowing early exposure to evidence and offering a unique insight into the associated civil claims.
Annis regularly gives training sessions to insurer clients focusing on all legal developments from the Scottish perspective, providing an important view into the changing legal landscape and the impact upon insurers.
Relevant experience includes:
- Successful Court of Session Appeal involving contribution and saving insurer clients approximately £1.5million. Also successfully ran the case on prosthetic costs, shaping the law for defenders and insurers in similar cases.
- Negotiating settlement of a catastrophic injury claim involving brain injury and life expectancy issues, without recourse to a Trial.
- Substantial experience of claims involving farmers, agricultural bodies and local companies.
- Running an extremely high profile case involving a child, in the Court of Session, with sensitivity and absolute awareness of brand protection.
- Providing indemnity advice in relation to a case involving alleged racing. Persuasively arguing that our client's interest in a road traffic accident, worth over £1 million, was only as Article 75 Insurer. This resulted in another insurer reimbursing almost half the value of the claim.
- Sutherland House
- 149 St Vincent Street
- Glasgow, G2 2NW
+44 (0) 141 248 6688View our office
There are no matching articles, please try a different filter.