Aneeqa specialises in commercial law with particular expertise in technology and intellectual property law.
She qualified in 2013 and advises on several high-value, complex and diverse projects for large private and public sector clients across a range of sectors including financial services, insurance, health, education, transport and retail.
Relevant experience includes:
- Managing a large portfolio of instructions from a leading building society on a variety of projects. Notable examples of her work for this client include supporting on the negotiation of framework contracts for IT services with Tier 1 suppliers, as well as the provision of commercial and legal advice on several important consultancy, collaboration and referral agreements.
- Completion of an eight month secondment to the legal team of the national information and technology partner to the health and social care system in the UK. She provided legal review for its weekly approvals panel, advising on contractual arrangements for key strategic programmes. Aneeqa also advised on several diverse matters including drafting advice on open source software licences, preparing provision of service agreements (with public bodies with review of associated work packages), negotiating agreements with research and industry partners and drafting analyses of applicable statutory obligations and relationships with other public bodies. She advised on the impact to the organisation if obligations were not met and providing risk mitigation strategies.
- Extensive instructions from a Russell Group university, including advice over eighteen months on its acquisition of a specialist ICT partner for the customisation, integration and execution of a fully integrated student records system. Her matters have also included the negotiation of a valuable collaboration agreement with Siemens and the delivery of bespoke training on software licensing to the in-house research and innovations team.
- Acting for a transport authority on several aspects of its smart ticketing programme. In particular, she negotiated and drafted four complex agreements covering technology for the acceptance of concessionary fares, contactless payment and revenue inspection devices.
- Advising a supplier of software for office space optimisation in relation to several high-profile deals, including assisting with the negotiation of a complicated source code licence and collaboration agreement with a partner in the Netherlands.
- St Pauls House
- 23 Park Square South
- Leeds, LS1 2ND
+44 (0) 113 251 4700View our office
There are no matching articles, please try a different filter.