Alison specialises in advising the public and private sectors on all aspects of major PFI/PPP projects, infrastructure procurements, collaborative arrangements and commercial contracts.
She has over 14 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors, predominantly in the healthcare sector but also across energy and defence. Her key clients include NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, private sector PPP/PFI operators and independent operators of health and social care.
She has particular expertise in energy efficiency projects, has worked on numerous complex PFI/PPP transactions, and regularly advises on operational projects. She is valued by clients for her commercial approach.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on its complex energy project with Imtech for the provision of energy and energy management facilities within the Trust’s existing PFI hospital in Swindon. The project helped the Trust meet its energy efficiency and carbon reduction targets and save money via guaranteed savings.
- A Project Company and shareholders on a full range of concession management issues on its operational MOD PFI project, including variations to the existing PFI project agreement, benchmarking/market testing of soft facilities management and additional service requirements. She advises on ‘step-down’ issues with subcontractors and liaises with investors and funders.
- Berkshire Healthcare on all aspects of its operational PFI at Prospect Park Hospital, including in relation to a number of works and services variations to refurbish/reconfigure wards. Alison navigated the interface issues applicable to mental health facilities.
- NHS Trusts and FTs on managed equipment services procurements (including clinical services) and advising a number of NHS acute providers. On commercial and regulatory due diligence matters relating to proposed mergers and acquisitions in the NHS
- Breathe Energy on all phases of its energy project with Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust. Under the Greater London Authority RE:FIT Framework to upgrade and improve the Trust’s energy infrastructure and address the critical backlog maintenance at the hospital.
Alison Martin is recognised by Legal 500 UK 2019 Edition under both Project Finance and PFI, and Health and is described as follows: “Alison Martin is very knowledgeable when it comes to all aspects of projects work” and “Legal Director Alison Martin is knowledgeable about issues associated with the procurement of health services”.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office