Healthcare Real Estate
Health and Social Care real estate exists in a complex regulated environment, overlayed with policy, which is often affected by changes in Government. We work closely with our specialist healthcare commercial and regulatory teams to provide sector-specific real estate advice to various bodies who work in the sector.
We advise on a wide range of property and corporate transactions from business as usual asset management to large developments and investments.
We listen, take responsibility and give you really clear advice on the best route to achieve the solution you need and want. Best of all, we know how important it is to make sure that solutions are reached in time and to budget.
We’re known for our technical skill and expertise working in your highly specialised sector. As part of one of the largest real estate teams in the country, as well as one of the leading specialist healthcare practices, we stand out for our ability to call on a vast spectrum of niche expertise for every eventuality.
Real understanding of, and familiarity with, the health sector means we don’t waste your time. We think strategically, and at the same time are pragmatic in terms of getting the job done.
- Acting for a private equity-backed care home provider on the property elements of its corporate disposal. We certified title to a portfolio of c.80 care homes valued at around £750 million, negotiated the property provisions of the SPA and fed into other documents as the company was prepared for sale
- Acting for an NHS Trust on its joint venture with AHH for the purposes of utilising surplus land for residential development. We worked collaboratively with the other parties’ advisers to create a JV structure that worked for differing tax requirements but allowed both the control and oversight of the day-to-day activities of the JV. We also assisted the Trust with governance aspects and seeking the necessary approvals
- Advising in relation to the acquisition and leasing of regulated care properties, including care homes, for both funds and providers. These tend to involve high-value leases (often with rents of over £1m a year) with long terms, no breaks, and strict conditions around regulatory compliance.
- Providing strategic advice to NHS Trusts regarding their estates including in relation to reorganisations, mergers, acquisitions, disposals, the New Hospital Programme, Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (and the management of related risks), Community Diagnostic Centres, and related projects
- Dealing with development projects, disposals, acquisitions, and leasehold arrangements on behalf of primary care providers (including GP partnerships and incorporated entities and NHS Trust subsidiary companies delivering primary care), advising ICBs on funded property arrangements requiring commissioner approval and providing advice on strategies for delivering primary across primary care networks and in collaboration with other providers
We provide a dedicated asset management service to clients including the owners of the largest retail destinations in the country and major office development.Learn more
Construction and Engineering
We provide a dedicated construction and engineering service to the private and public sectors.Learn more
Investment and Development
We provide a dedicated investment and development service to clients including commercial developers and owner occupiers, funds and financial institutions and the public sector.Learn more
Planning and Environment
We provide specialist planning and environmental services across the complete range of contentious and non-contentious planning advice.Learn more
We provide specialist portfolio management services and expertise that focuses on fixed fee instructions, volume and project matter management and routine property transactions.Learn more
We provide specialist real estate litigation services that protect the value of your property assets and reputation.Learn more
Residential Development and Plots
We provide specialist residential development expertise through the full cycle of a residential development, on large estates, garden villages, BTR, student accommodation and retirement living.Learn more
What our clients say
DAC Beachcroft is strong at handling complex matters, providing clear legal advice together with recommendations as to how to handle matters.
Chambers UK 2023, Real Estate
Professional, friendly and down to earth solicitors who put witnesses at ease and ensure best possible evidence
Legal 500 UK 2023, Health
Outstanding expertise in the healthcare sector, with both NHS and private organisations. Able to deliver on complex and innovative mandates.
Legal 500 UK 2023, Health
Healthcare Real Estate key contacts
There are no matching people, please try a different filter.
+44 (0)20 7894 6438
+44 (0) 117 918 2179
+44 (0)191 404 4292
+44 (0)161 934 3014
+44 (0)20 7894 6057
Who we are
Why choose DAC Beachcroft?
We’re a broad-based commercial firm serving a wide range of sectors with a strong heritage in insurance,
health and real estate. We combine excellent legal skills and cutting-edge delivery expertise to design
solutions that fit the needs of our clients – often involving clever uses of technology.
We provide a complete real estate service to schools, colleges, universities and government on new build, refurbishment projects and ownership.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service that includes advice on development, acquisition/disposal, occupation, planning, construction and litigation.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service across the health and social care sector, for both public health bodies, NHS Foundation Trusts and private providers as well as to developers, investors and funders – both national and international.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service to developers, investors and occupiers on planning, investment, development, construction and asset management matters.Learn more
Industrial and Logistics
We provide a complete real estate service to developers, investors and occupiers on planning/environmental, development, construction and asset management matters and associated commercial agreements.Learn more
Residential Development and Plots
We provide a complete real estate service to leading national housebuilders, specialist developers and housing associations.Learn more
We provide a complete real estate service to national and international developers, owners, funds and institutional investors and local authorities.Learn more
We provide a complete service for mobile operators, infrastructure providers and developers on all contentious and non contentious issues connected with real estate associated telecommunications.Learn more