Gareth specialises in financial crime, white collar criminal defence and investigations as well as the associated areas of bribery, money laundering and sanctions advisory work.
He has significant experience advising clients across a range of sectors in particular in financial services and other heavily-regulated industries throughout internal investigations, regulatory investigations, criminal investigations and prosecutions instigated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), National Crime Agency (NCA), Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) including in matters involving complex, cross-border issues.
His experience includes:
- Representing a US listed multinational engineering and services company and its UK subsidiaries, all being investigated for bribery and corruption in connection with the SFO’s investigation into Unaoil, a Monaco based oil company. Once aspect of this case led to a successful Supreme Court Appeal on the extraterritorial application of the SFO’s powers to compel the production of documents.
- Acting for companies and individuals throughout criminal and civil investigations instigated by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
- Acting for multiple clients during compelled and ‘caution’ interviews during the SFO’s investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption at a major UK-based engineering and energy company.
- Providing advice and acting throughout multiple FCA regulatory and ‘dual-track’ criminal/civil investigations.
Data, Privacy and Cyber
D&O and Financial Institutions
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office