Aisling specialises in insurance litigation for insurers, intermediaries and self-insured bodies.
She has over 12 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors including motor, employer’s, occupier’s, public and product liability; large and complex loss. Her key clients include: Sabre, Marks and Spencer, Next and Northern Ireland Water.
Aisling is responsible for the supervision and operational management of the Motor (damage and injury) Team in Belfast and ensuring compliance with insurer protocols, service level agreements and the provision of management information. She also handles her own caseload of predominantly higher value claims.
As well as being a litigation specialist, Aisling is recognised as a quality speaker and subject matter expert. She also regularly provides sector specific training to Clients along with advice on claims and business strategy.
Relevant experience includes:
- Defending and securing the dismissal of two related personal injury motor claims with the presiding Judge accepting that it was a “staged accident”. Costs Orders were obtained against the Claimants. This result further deterred 4 claims “waiting in the wings”.
- Securing the withdrawal of a High Court public liability claim with fraud indicators.
- Advising in a public liability claim against a Package Travel Operator with complex issues of jurisdiction and applicable law, ultimately securing a significantly reduced settlement in damages and costs.
- Securing the dismissal of a High Court employer’s liability claim against a retailer for defective service of the proceedings.
Aisling has been recognised in Chambers for a number of years and is described as “an excellent personal injury lawyer as well as an impressive communicator”.
She is also recognised in Legal 500 as “Next Generation Partner” noted for her "expertise in motor claims”.
Aisling is a member of the Law Society of Northern Ireland and the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL) where she sits on the Credit Hire Sector Focus Team.
- 7th Floor Montgomery House
- 29-33 Montgomery Street
- Belfast BT1 4NX
+44 (0) 28 9024 6751View our office