Neil has over 30 years’ experience of dealing with a wide range of criminal regulatory proceedings.
Over the last 15 years, Neil has specialised in regulatory investigations and prosecutions and in particular, environmental and health and safety cases.
His expertise in defending environmental offences includes pollution cases and waste management prosecutions, brought by the Environment Agency and Natural Resources Wales against businesses and individuals. These include the successful defence of four defendants in the largest waste prosecution brought by the EA.
Health and safety experience extends to construction, legionella control, gas safety and fire safety investigations. Neil advises South West Water in relation to pollution and environmental permitting. He also has extensive advocacy experience in the Magistrates' Courts and the preparation of cases in the Crown Courts. Neil defends in other regulatory investigations by a range of regulators including Trading Standards (unsafe products and unfair trade practices), Data Protection offences and breach of planning control.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising the Keepmoat Homes, Crest Nicholson, Lorne Stewart PLC and other business on instructions from major insurers such as Allianz, Zurich, NFU Mutual and AXA.
- Construction work with CDM compliance for clients, designers and contractors, noise abatement notices and silt and surface water run-off pollution.
- Successfully representing the Managing Director in the Princes Sport club corporate manslaughter case.
- The representation of Rotary Yorkshire Ltd, in the first case on the use by HSE Enforcement Notices to reach the Court of Appeal.
Safety, Health and Environment
Regulatory and Investigations
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office
There are no matching articles, please try a different filter.