Marcus also has a leading reputation in advising on directors' and officers' liability insurance and insurance coverage advice generally.
Marcus is consistently referred to as a leading lawyer in both Chambers and Legal 500 and heads the Professional & Commercial Risks team in Bristol and Newport which is ranked Tier 1 by both these directories.
His recent experience includes:
- Defending a large firm of commercial surveyors on a wide variety of lenders' claims, for example involving the valuation of care homes, offices, hotels and development land.
- Defending a placing broker facing a substantial claim arising from a gap in cover in a client's Excess of Loss professional indemnity programme.
- Successfully defending the insurance broker, at trial, in an £8m claim following the fire at a commercial laundry.
- Acting for D&O insurers in respect of claims involving corporate manslaughter, Environment Agency prosecutions and insolvency related claims.
- Defending claims against schools and universities, for example, failure to detect dyslexia.
"A peer said of him: "He is certainly one of the best lawyers I know." Chambers and Partners UK 2014 Edition, Professional Negligence, South West
"The 'statesmanlike' Marcus Campbell is widely held to be a worthy opponent by fellow practitioners. Sources praise his leadership of the practice and the strength of talent he has built around him." Chambers and Partners UK 2013 Edition, Professional Negligence, Bristol
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office
There are no matching articles, please try a different filter.