Ed specialises in public procurement challenges and risk management. He also has extensive experience in resolving tech disputes.
Ed has over 10 years’ experience advising both public and private sector clients across a range of sectors including TMT, Defence, Health-Tech, Education, Transport and Infrastructure and Central and Local Government.
Ed regularly acts on high-profile procurement challenges (including for strategic government suppliers, public sector bodies and utilities) and understands the particular procedural and technical issues which arise in such matters, as well as the strategies to deploy to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients. He is named as a “Rising Star” in Legal500 for his IT disputes work.
Relevant experience includes:
- Securing the UK’s first contract shortening order for an innovative Med-Tech firm following the unlawful award of a contract under a framework agreement.
- Providing risk mitigation advice to a national utility provider in relation to the urgent acquisition of works and services following a major incident at an infrastructure facility of national importance.
- Advising a strategic supplier to the UK Government in its capacity as the successful tenderer in relation to a challenge to the award of a high value Defence-sector contract brought by a competitor.
- Providing risk mitigation advice to a global IT services provider in relation to the modification of various major contracts with UK Government Departments.
- Providing risk mitigation advice to a developer in respect of changes to the structure of Development Agreements relating to various high value city centre development projects.
Ed is named as a “Rising Star” by Legal500 for his IT dispute work.
Ed is the Procurement Lawyers Association and was a member of the “PLA Working Group on the system of dealing with procurement challenges”. Ed is also a member of the Society for Computers and Law and regularly provides client training on topical procurement issues and IT disputes.
Health and Social Care
- 25 Walbrook
- EC4N 8AF
+44 (0) 207 242 1011View our office