Pete is a Partner at international law firm, DAC Beachcroft and specialises in motor, employers’ liability and public liability claims. He has almost 25 years’ experience advising a broad range of insurance clients, with a particular interest in the transport and logistics sector.
Working with the firm’s Strategic Litigation Unit, Pete is a regular commentator on the civil justice agenda and issues impacting the motor insurance market. He has a specialist interest in the legal and regulatory issues surrounding future road transport solutions, and leads DAC Beachcroft's specialist interest group on connected and automated vehicles.
Pete has an interest in business change and digital solutions. Within the firm’s Claims Solutions Group, Pete leads the research and development hub, ‘Innovations Lab’, responsible for developing new innovative claims solutions where he works closely with the firm’s technology law team.
He is currently the President of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers, having been an active member for many years, and a previous chair of its Motor Sector Focus Team.
Relevant experience includes:
- Working with a number of composite motor insurer ‘futures’ teams, advising on issues of regulation and legislation.
- Drafting responses on behalf of the firm to both government and Law Commission consultations on issues relating to vehicle automation.
- Sitting as a legal expert on various panels at key motor insurance industry events, including both the Association of British Insurers’ annual motor conference and specialist Automated Vehicles conference.
- Acting as a regular commentator on developments in vehicle automation, including the implications of the Automated and Electric Vehicles Act 2018.
- Recently leading the firm’s ‘Informed Insurance’ global thought leadership article on ‘The road to automation’.
- Chairing an ‘Informed Insurance’ seminar at which a panel of experts from Germany, Australasia and USA discussed issues of regulation, legislation, data, cyber risk and infrastructure, and the Law Commission of England & Wales/Scottish Law Commission presented on its current three year review of necessary changes in UK laws to facilitate automated driving systems.
Pete was also a former member of the Expert Audit and Peer Review sub-committee of MedCo.
In addition, he is currently a member of the Law Society and the Gibraltar Insurance Institute. Via the firm’s Associate Membership, he also collaborates extensively with the ABI.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office
There are no matching articles, please try a different filter.
8 Min Read
Calling time on the compensation culture? – Whiplash reform, Round 2
5 Min Read
Blurred lines – The potential pitfalls of conditional automation on the road to driverless cars
8 min read
Part 36, interim payments, liability offers and costs
2 min read
Portal claims and contributory negligence: can the argument be raised if the claim's value increases?
3 min read
Service of Proceedings on a Solicitor
2 min read
Changes to Bereavement Damages Awards from 1 May 2020
2 min read