Kate is a senior employment lawyer and has over 16 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors including financial services and health.
She specialises in defending complex and high value discrimination and whistleblowing cases and provides strategic advice on a broad spectrum of employment law issues including those that involve regulatory, organisational and reputational risks.
Relevant experience includes:
- Defending a complex discrimination claim brought against a large financial services institution involving multiple named respondents and senior witnesses.
- Completing a five month secondment to the in house employment legal team at a large financial services organisation providing support on all aspects of employment law.
- Advising a health sector client on managing capability and conduct issues concerning a senior clinician. Kate provided strategic advice on both the internal process and a complex whistleblowing claim which involved members of the client’s executive team.
- Leading a complex investigation into complaints of bullying against a senior and high profile individual in the public sector.
- Providing strategic advice to employers on compliance with the GDPR,including drafting employee privacy notices and advising on procedures for responding to subject access requests.
Kate is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and regularly delivers training and speaks at seminars for HR professionals.