Emily specialises in subrogated and uninsured property and motor damage recoveries. In addition to third party recoveries, her motor offering covers all types of claims against policyholders or unauthorised drivers including Assignment and Agreement, Consent and Indemnity, recovery as RTA insurer, misrepresentation, non-disclosure and breach of contract claims. Property specialisms include product liability claims, flood, fire, escapes of water / oil and vehicle impact. She leads multiple teams that service a number of large international insurers dealing with commercial, municipal and household claims, as well as distinct teams that provide a sub deductible recovery service and direct corporate support. Previously, Emily lead teams focusing on strategic credit hire / repair recovery and was involved in leading litigation.
Emily has over 20 years' experience advising clients on insurance based claims. As well as providing a recovery service, she provides bespoke training, missed opportunity reviews, process and systems support to clients.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising a major global insurer in relation to a Recovery Predictor AI Tool.
- Providing Bespoke training to support a global insurer in their outsource of claims functions to a third party administrator. This provided significant upskilling of the new claims teams as well costs savings and reduced leakage for the client.
- Advising on missed opportunity reviews relating to recoveries.
- Providing bespoke MI to clients, brokers and insureds to allow for trend analysis, benchmarking and to assist underwriters in policy decisions.
Emily is recognised by her clients as the key contact for legal advice and wider support, as well as thought leadership. She also leads on numerous internal projects to improve quality, service and efficiency. Feedback from a global insurer client includes ‘‘Recovery Training, call listening, missed opportunity reviews, enhanced MI……on top of the BAU service has been invaluable’’
Emily initially qualified as a Barrister and is a member of Gray’s Inn. Later she undertook the Qualified Lawyers Transfer test to become admitted as a Solicitor in 2009.
Emily also, holds a Diploma from the Chartered Management Institute and a MA in Socio Legal Studies.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office
There are no matching articles, please try a different filter.