Stuart specialises in clinical negligence litigation, working out of our Bristol office.
He has over 10 years’ experience, acting primarily on public sector claims on behalf of the NHS, including on maximum value birth, brain and spinal injury actions.
He also acts on behalf of private practitioners for the leading medical defence organisation in the UK on a wide variety of clinical negligence claims across all areas of medical and dental practice.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- The NHS in relation to a fraudulent clinical negligence claim brought by a Claimant worth in excess of £4million, resulting in the individual being sentenced to prison for 6 months.
- The NHS in relation to a wrongful birth claim where the child was born with cerebral palsy. In addition to dealing with the usual complex issues arising in cerebral palsy claims, advising on novel legal issues on the form of award following settlement.
- The NHS in relation to a high value birth injury case, resulting in a rapid resolution on liability, significant costs savings on the claim, and prompt learning from a patient safety perspective.
- In relation to a claim involving allegations of sexual misconduct against a GP.
Stuart has also written extensively, including in the New Law Journal, and he has lectured both internally and externally on a wide range of legal topics, including on fraud and costs issues amongst other things.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office