Stephen McLellan is a construction and engineering lawyer in our Newcastle office. He specialises in dispute resolution and acts for a broad range of clients including developers, housebuilders, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals.
Stephen McLellan is a construction and engineering lawyer in our Newcastle office. He specialises in dispute resolution and acts for a broad range of clients including developers, housebuilders, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals. He has extensive experience advising clients on all aspects of dispute resolution.
Stephen regularly has conduct of adjudications on behalf of clients. He also has wide experience of a variety of insurance matters, acting for insurers and their insureds in defending professional indemnity claims.
Stephen's experience includes:
- Successfully defending adjudication proceedings brought against a firm of consulting engineers, which resulted in no payment being made.
- Helping a leading housebuilder to successfully manage a troublesome project through to its completion, whilst avoiding a final account dispute with a sub-contractor.
- Advising a bank regarding its obligations to release payment under an on-demand bond worth around $14million.
- Acting for a leading contractor and securing the recovery of outstanding payments through negotiation, without the need for formal proceedings.
- Successfully defending a firm of architects in response to a professional negligence claim, helping mitigate the client's position to achieve a resolution on favourable terms.
Stephen qualified in 2007 and joined DAC Beachcroft in 2013.
He is described as "very user-friendly" in Legal 500, 2017 Edition, Construction, Newcastle
Construction & Engineering Disputes
- Bank House
- East Pilgrim Street
- Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6QF
+44 (0) 191 404 4000View our office