Sharon specialises in UK and international insurance claims relating to construction and engineering losses.
She has over 20 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors including; DSU claims, property claims and PI claims involving construction professionals.
Her key clients include a main contractor (for whom she acts under a delegated authority scheme as the nominated solicitor) as well as major London market insurers, including Lloyds members.
Sharon’s experience covers both the specialised construction & engineering market working within the EAR/CAR insurance sector and a wider knowledge of joint insurance and issues involving main and sub-contractors. Sharon provides assistance to the Safety, Health and Environment group when incidents on construction sites occur, advising on contractual issues for a number of well-known developers. Sharon acts in adjudications, mediations and arbitrations as well as in Court proceedings.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- A London market of Insurers in a successful Arbitration following a contractor’s claim for damage within an underground car-park. Insurers were initially presented with a large claim and pressed into a swift arbitration which required a forensic response.
- A market regarding a tunnel collapse in Scotland through to mediation thereby saving considerable costs and bringing a long running matter to a conclusion.
- A Housing Association and their Insurers in a large recovery claim following a fire which was both commercially sensitive and involved extension liaison with the Association as to precedent issues.
- A major insurer in defence of a specific Policy exclusion application including issues of Channel Island law.
- A large developer both in a civil action and subsequent HSE prosecution following a site incident – Sharon’s experience of both criminal and civil proceedings enabled her to provide advice in both actions.
- In relation to a number of separate claims at Energy from Waste plants for different parties but applying knowledge of both the operation of the plant and contractual matrix to ensure claims are resolved quickly, with the aid of appropriate experts.
Construction and Engineering
Construction & Engineering Disputes
- 25 Walbrook
- EC4N 8AF
+44 (0) 207 242 1011View our office