Matthew specialises in disease claim litigation.
Matthew was a founding member of DAC Beachcroft’s Disease Group in 2005 and predominantly advises on high value, novel and complex claims ranging from asbestos and other occupational cancers to stress related illnesses.
He has over 20 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors including insurance, health, education, construction and manufacturing. His key clients include Zurich, NHSR, numerous NHS Trusts and corporates to include Barclays Bank, Lendlease and Dura Automotive. He has acted and advised on a broad range of matters from pre-claim for claims defensibility purposes, through to strategic litigation to defend well-established systems of work.
Matthew’s experience in advising insurers and their clients means that he is an expert in understanding the regulatory frameworks that they operate within, enabling the provision of commercial advice. He is a trusted advisor to major insurers, corporates and public bodies, working closely with clients via secondments, surgeries and workshops to provide bespoke solutions.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising on all types of disease claim from identification of risk, through to receipt of claims and on to trial.
- The conduct of asbestos related litigation for over 20 years, providing for a deep understanding of state of knowledge issues.
- Collating relevant market data to devise bespoke approaches for managing occupational stress claims risks and to provide strategies for the handling of claims from specific solicitors.
- Co-ordinating multi-disciplinary approaches to claims defensibility and litigation, to include the investigation of complex corporate histories and employment practices.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office