Mark is a Defendant insurance injury lawyer and specialises in casualty injury litigation including employer and public liability cases of varying value up to complex and high value claims. With a particular emphasis on those claims which involve contractual indemnity/sub-contractor issues in the construction sector.
Mark also deals with disease litigation particularly hearing loss and Hand Arm Vibration/Carpel Tunnel Syndrome claims. His clients are primarily large commercial/PLC organisations via instructions from brokers, loss adjusters and insurers. Mark is responsible for client relationships/management of several large plc client nominations.
He has over 25 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors including the construction, public sector, haulage, manufacturing and aerospace industries. His key clients include Melrose plc, GKN Aerospace and Bellway plc.
Mark has particular expertise in advising clients in respect of the defence of construction injury claims where sub-contractors are involved and indemnities are sought by way of additional recovery proceedings.
Relevant experience includes:
- Securing a finding of fundamental dishonesty against the Claimant at trial, on behalf of Bellway Plc. Where it was denied that the Claimant had suffered any accident or injury on site.
- Successful defence at trial in a complex and high value claim for a plc client, in respect of a Claimant who sustained multiple injuries as a result of one of the client’s haulage lorries rolling over.
- Successfully securing a full indemnity (including costs) from a sub-contractor, on behalf of Bellway Plc, in a 5 party action where a tower/mast climber collapsed resulting in injury to the Claimant.
- Setting up a number of working arrangements for local authority and commercial clients. With regard to the defence of their historical disease claims where insurers cannot be identified due to the passage of time.
Mark is described in the Legal 500 2018 as “very knowledgeable, proactive and thorough”. Recent client feedback has included “brilliant news, many thanks for your work here”, “brilliant, well done to you and the team” and “another fantastic result!” following recent trial successes.
- Bank House
- East Pilgrim Street
- Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6QF
+44 (0) 191 404 4000View our office