James has extensive experience in advising major corporates and has spent time practising in Sydney, Australia and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
He leads the corporate and commercial team in our Bristol office and has a particular focus on the healthcare sector.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Elysium Healthcare in relation to its acquisition of London Care Partnerships, consisting of nine learning disability facilities across south west London.
- HCA International Limited in relation to its acquisition of a majority interest in Hathor Chelsea Limited, operator of the Lister Fertility Clinic and the Lister Hospital in London.
- SunEdison in relation to 10+ acquisitions of shares in companies owning rights to develop utility scale solar parks in the UK.
- McAfee Inc across 11 countries in relation to a restructuring project following its US$389 million acquisition of the Stonesoft Group.
James is recognised by Chambers and Partners for his client handling skills and business acumen “James is an absolute pleasure to work with” attests one client. “He is pragmatic and commercial, fits seamlessly into my team and provides genuine value to the business” (Chambers and Partners 2019).
Health and Social Care
Mergers and Acquisitions
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office