George is a commercial litigation lawyer specialising in contentious insurance matters, including policy coverage analysis, and domestic and international dispute resolution.
George regularly advises (re)insurers on defence, subrogation and policy coverage relating to product liability, energy, marine, aviation, construction and high-value property damage claims. George is a member of DACB’s Renewables team, which focusses on representing clients following claims related to renewable energy, along with providing advice on the associated risks. In addition, he is a member of DACB’s Transactional Liability team, focussing on disputes arising from complex warranty and indemnity claims. His transactional liability experience is supported by a previous secondment to a leading London market insurer’s Transactional Risk Insurance Products team.
George’s instructions also comprise non-insurance related disputes which often involve cross-border elements. His experience also includes a previous secondment to Unilever.
Notable work includes:
- representing reinsurers following disputes arising from the Russia-Ukraine conflict concerning aircraft operated in Russia;
- successfully representing a wholesale supplier (tools and associated products for the construction and fabrication trade) in its claim against the manufacturer of a defective adhesive (DIPT Limited & Ors v Sanglier  EWHC 426 (TCC));
- representing insurers in a high value Construction All Risks policy claim relating to roofing defects (Sky UK Limited v RiverStone Managing Agency Limited & Ors (CL-2020-000705); and Mace Limited v RiverStone Managing Agency Limited & Ors (CL-2021-000536));
- acting in LCIA proceedings in respect of a claim arising as a result of losses sustained following the collapse of a coal stacker, designed for use at a coal mine in Mozambique;
- representing a contractor in SIAC proceedings in its claim against another contractor arising from costs associated with a change in design during the construction of an offshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) regassification terminal in Malaysia; and
- providing coverage advice to insurers on a business interruption claim following a fatal explosion at an industrial gas plant in Singapore.
- 80 Raffles Place #24-20,
- #2 UOB Plaza,
- Singapore 048624
+65 8608 0150