Chris specialises in contractual, commercial and constitutional issues in the health sector. He regularly works with NHS commissioners and providers on integration arrangements, new business models and collaborative working partnerships.
He has over ten years’ experience advising clients across a range of areas including primary care contracting, managed outsourcing projects and large scale procurement and contracting projects. His clients include Government departments, national health commissioners and regulators, clinical commissioning groups, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts and private sector health sector entities.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Advising national and local commissioners on implementing new business models in the NHS including alliance arrangements, primary care networks and Integrated Care Provider contracts;
- Drafting national primary care commissioning policies for consistent contract management of primary medical, dental, ophthalmic and pharmacy services;
- Assisting a Government department on negotiating and drafting the national branded medicine pricing scheme to achieve sustainable value for money;
- Drafting complex contractual arrangements for a range of approaches for integrated offender healthcare service commissioning; and
- Leading on a joint venture between multiple foundation trusts for the long term provision of cost-effective pathology managed equipment services.
Chris regularly provides training on commercial matters relevant to the health sector. He has also worked directly with clients on secondments including to a major NHS foundation trust and a leading private sector supply chain organisation.
Health and Social Care
Public law and judicial review
- St Pauls House
- 23 Park Square South
- Leeds, LS1 2ND
+44 (0) 113 251 4700View our office