Charlie specialises in advising property consultancies and their insurers in the defence of professional negligence claims. He leads the surveyor professional risk team in Bristol.
He regularly advises London Market insurers and a number of the top 10 London headquartered national and international property consultants, panel managers and large national valuation practices on claims and risk. He has advised on a broad range of matters including overvaluations (including commercial, residential, residential development sites, hotels, property portfolios and agricultural land), property management (including large residential, rural and commercial portfolios), planning and development, building surveyor omissions, policy coverage and fraud.
Recent experience includes advising:
- A national firm of valuation panel managers (and its PI insurers), who faced a claim by a large building society arising from its role as panel arranger and manager in connection with the valuations of two portfolios of +100 residential properties undertaken by a third party valuation company.
- A global property consultancy as to a substantial overvaluation claim brought against one of its African offices relating to mixed-use development land.
- A specialist surveyor as to the defence of a complex Party Wall Act claim.
- A large property management company facing a claim following a serious personal injury as a result of an accident in a shopping arcade it managed.
- A leading valuation team as to the defence of two claims alleging the significant overvaluation of a number of children’s care homes.
Charlie is recognised by one of the global property consultancies as "...providing outstanding quality of service...he focuses on solution and settlement in a pragmatic way that reflects the real objectives of his clients. ...he has excellent analytical and communication skills.".
Charlie is well known for lecturing on risk management, particular at RICS roadshows, and is a member of the Law Society, the Bristol Law Society and of BILA.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office