Ben specialises in non-contentious construction matters. He acts for both public and private sector clients including property developers and owners, funders, local authorities, NHS bodies, contractors and construction professionals.
He has over 16 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors including office, retail & residential development, healthcare, energy and utilities.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Deeley Freed Estates on the building contracts, professional team appointments and warranties for the development of 172 bed residential apartment scheme plus retails units at Roseberry Place in the centre of Bath.
- Mayo Clinic Healthcare in partnership with Oxford University Clinic LLP in relation to internal refurbishment of a commercial office building in west London to create a private patient diagnostic medical facility.
- A contractor on two contracts with an NHS Trust to carry out works to install energy saving measures at its hospitals, linked to separate contracts for guaranteed energy savings over a 10 year period.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales in relation to a Pre-Construction Services Agreement and Building Contract for the internal refurbishment of the Institute's headquarters at Chartered Accountants' Hall, City of London.
In Chambers UK 2021 Ben's clients describe him as "very calm, pragmatic and methodical. He always has an answer or a solution for you that is well thought out."
Health and Social Care
Construction and Engineering
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office