Belinda specialises in healthcare law and advises on a wide range of issues including patient care, regulatory and governance matters for both independent and public sector organisations.
She has over 20 years’ experience in advising NHS providers and NHS commissioners, independent healthcare and social care providers and insurers working in the health and social care sector. Belinda has advised on a broad range of matters including the regulatory framework, issues arising under the Mental Capacity Act, patient confidentiality, clinical governance, patient safety and safeguarding.
Belinda’s experience in advising health and social care clients means that she is an expert in understanding the regulatory framework that they operate in and is used to providing urgent, pragmatic assistance to clients within that context.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Organisations concerning their relationship with the CQC including registration, pre and post inspection issues and factual accuracy challenges.
- Individuals and organisations involved in Public Inquiries including the Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse in Westminster.
- Clients engaged in historic patient reviews where concerns have been raised surrounding a particular individual or service.
- Interested Parties in relation to complex inquests including representation at the hearing.
- Organisations threatened with Judicial Reviews including those in respect of NHS commissioning decisions and charges to overseas visitors.
- Clients in respect of reconfiguration of services including advice on the requirements surrounding public consultation and successfully defending NHS providers and commissioners at Judicial Review.
- Organisations undergoing a police investigation including strategic advice to ensure that any reputational damage is minimised.
In addition, Belinda has delivered training throughout her professional career to a wide range of healthcare professionals and is an experienced public speaker.
Belinda is described in the Legal 500 as a partner that "genuinely cares about her clients and goes above and beyond when clients have needed help and advice."
Regulatory and Investigations
Health and Social Care
- 25 Walbrook
- EC4N 8AF
+44 (0) 207 242 1011View our office