Ashley is a construction lawyer in our Newcastle office. She specialises in non-contentious construction and engineering law.
Before joining DAC Beachcroft, Ashley spent several years as an in-house lawyer for an international contractor. Ashley's experience in this role included:
- Work winning – significant experience in drafting and negotiating the key standard form construction and engineering contracts including JCT, NEC3, FIDIC and MF/1 as well as PFI and bespoke contracts in a variety of sectors including commercial and residential development, health, defence and education.
- Operational support on a wide range of issues arising on live projects including payment and defects issues and advice in relation to employer/supply chain insolvency.
- Disputes – managing several disputes, including two PFI hospital schemes, advising the business on dispute resolution/avoidance with particular experience of adjudication and mediation.
- Training – preparing and presenting workshops to the business on topics such as risk allocation and compliance. Provided training to the junior lawyers and the internal paralegal business on all aspects of construction law and on building contracts, supply chain contracts and ancillary documents.
Prior to her in-house role, Ashley has acted for public and private sector clients including developers, funders, contractors, sub-contractors, design consultants, utility companies and education institutions in a range of sectors including commercial and residential development, education, waste and energy.
Ashley qualified in 1998 and joined DAC Beachcroft in April 2018.
Investment and Development
- Bank House
- East Pilgrim Street
- Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6QF
+44 (0) 191 404 4000View our office