Anne specialises in complex and catastrophic injury claims arising out of both motor and employers liability and public liability risks.
With over 30 years’ experience advising insurance clients including Ageas Insurance Limited, AXA Insurance and Zurich Insurance PLC., Anne is known for her tenacity and attention to detail.
Relevant experience includes:
- A saving of £1.4 million on a litigated claim which included the repayment by the pursuer of £25,000 from interim payments made prior to our involvement.
- Securing abandonment of a public liability claim where the pursuer had sustained serious injuries on the basis that the pursuer had voluntarily accepted the risk of injury by their reckless conduct.
- Settling a catastrophic injury claim for £200,000 pre-litigation within a year of the accident.
- Dealing with a sensitive fatal accident claim involving a child riding an electric scooter on a public road. Securing a discounted settlement in circumstances where, in addition to a defence on liability, there was an argument that the child’s parents had a potential liability.
- Securing abandonment of a litigated claim brought under the Animals (Scotland) Act 1987 and at common law. The pursuer was kicked by a cow while it was being transferred from the insured’s premises into his vehicle. It was argued the insured were not the "keeper" of the animal as defined in the Animals (Scotland) Act 1987.
- Identifying dishonesty on the part of claimants and taking action which has resulted in the prosecution of individuals for fraudulently claiming benefits.
- Sutherland House
- 149 St Vincent Street
- Glasgow, G2 2NW
+44 (0) 141 248 6688View our office