Andy is a Partner in the Professional and Commercial Risks Department and heads up the firm's Education Claims team.
He has over 26 years’ experience advising clients across a range of sectors and, in particular, Andy specialises in defending claims made against Universities, schools, colleges, and clubs and associations.
He also has extensive experience of defending professionals including solicitors, property, financial and construction professionals.
Andy's directors and officers experience includes defending D&Os including claims for unfair prejudice, breach of statutory/fiduciary duties and claims arising from restructuring/insolvency.
Andy regularly advises insurers on coverage issues under Professional Liability, D&O, Property, EL/PL, Events and other miscellaneous covers.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- an Independent School in relation to a litigated claim arising from a pupil's withdrawal following alleged failures to make reasonable adjustments
- a University in respect of a claim arising from a Universities alleged refusal to admit a pupil on to a course
- a coverholder in respect of a £100m + claim relating to alleged breaches of an Underwriting Authority
- insurers on a high value, litigated coverage dispute arising from fire damage to a mixed use property
Andy is a CEDR qualified Mediator.
- DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Portwall Place, Portwall Lane
- Bristol, BS1 6NA
+44 (0) 117 918 2000View our office