Having worked for a number of large law firms in Brussels and with over 7 years’ experience as an EU, Competition and Regulatory lawyer, Elaine is a Senior Associate in the EU, Competition & Regulated markets team at DAC Beachcroft Dublin.
Elaine has extensive experience in advising clients on the implementation of EU and Irish law, in particular in competition, procurement, State aid and regulatory law. She has advised clients in the retail pharmacy, healthcare, waste, energy, agri-food and telecommunications sectors.
Her activities include advising on merger control, public procurement and investigations by the Irish Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, the Commission for Communications Regulation and the European Commission. Elaine has also successfully navigated clients across a range of industries through complex merger control procedures. Other key activities include advising on regulatory aspects of transactions, procurement processes and competition compliance/ dawn raid issues.
Elaine is currently Treasurer of the Irish Society of European Law and regularly organises EU law events.
Elaine’s recent experience includes:
- Ongoing advice to a provider of supplements in relation to its distribution system and a review of its commercial agreements to ensure compliance with the EU rules on vertical agreements and selective distribution.
- Advising a large multinational telecommunications operator on multi-jurisdictional regulatory compliance.
- Ongoing strategic advice to a leading Irish oil company on its acquisitions strategy, including on structure and timing of acquisitions, and on its involvement in national procurement processes.
- Advising a group of regulated financial institutions on a complex corporate restructuring and an outsourcing joint venture for the delivery of new and existing service lines.
- Advices to a national trade association on competition compliance queries received from the regulator including strategic advices in relation to the risk of an antitrust investigation.
- Advising a range of corporate clients including one of Ireland’s largest retail pharmacy groups, a multinational telecommunications provider and an international insurance provider, on competition and merger control notifications, formal requests for information, phase 2 clearances and meetings with the CCPC during investigations.
- Ongoing advices to a multinational payments services provider on its regulatory obligations in this jurisdiction.
- Advising the State Health Agency on a wide range of corporate contract procurement matters including strategic advices on the structure and specifications of procurement process.
Elaine Davis is recommended in Legal 500 EU and Competition 2019
Product Liability, Safety and Recall
- Three Haddington Buildings
- Percy Place, Dublin 4
- D04 T253, Ireland
+ 353 (0) 1 231 9600View our office