DAC Beachcroft named CSR Firm of the Year at the Bristol Law Society Awards
Published 18 October 2018
DAC Beachcroft’s Bristol office has won the CSR Firm of the Year award at the Bristol Law Society.
The award recognises a productive year for our Bristol office colleagues and their relationship with the wider community. Highlights included:
- Passing the £100,000 milestone for fundraising for Bristol charity Above and Beyond, which supports Bristol city centre hospitals. Over three years, 35 colleagues have cycled from Bristol to Paris to raise funds – this year for the Foetal Medicine Unit at Bristol Royal Hospital.
- The fifth year of partnership with Bristol Metropolitan Academy. 18 staff attended Bristol Met on a monthly basis for mentoring sessions with pupils, helping them get better GCSE grades and boosting Progress 8 in the school.
- Support of the Bridge the Gap programme, which helps unemployed and vulnerably housed people to take steps towards being ready for work
- Support by Spectrum of Bristol Pride, IDAHOT, World Aids Day and LGBT History Month
- Working with Access Sport to help disadvantaged children enjoy sport, by developing five BMX tracks around Bristol
- For the fourth year running, hosting a public donation station for gifts of toys for disadvantaged children in the city – as part of the Lord Mayor’s Appeal
DAC Beachcroft also has relationships with a number of cultural institutions in Bristol, such as Tobacco Factory Theatres, Bristol Old Vic, Travelling Light Theatre and Bristol Music Trust.
Bristol Location Head Nick Knapman commented: “Congratulations to all who contributed to our Bristol office’s many fundraising, volunteering and responsible business campaigns over the last year.
“I look forward to seeing what the next year holds, in particular with the Step up to Serve volunteering scheme, introducing school students to volunteering in the NHS. I know that our Bristol colleagues will continue to make a big impact on our community.”