Corporate Regulatory & Commercial
Our Mexico City team advise local insurance, reinsurance companies and international reinsurance companies on regulatory matters, including their certification to act and underwrite risks in Mexico before the Mexican Insurance Commission.
The team advises clients in mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures and a variety of corporate financing and restructures of debt and capital, including:
- Due diligence regarding compliance regulations, including investment requirements, capital requirements, credit transactions and day-to-day regulatory operations of insurance and reinsurance companies in Mexico;
- Interpretation and compliance of insurance and reinsurance regulations;
- Advice on the integration and support requirements for insurance companies regarding those risks files which has been reinsurance;
- Support and legal advice regarding Insurance Commission inspection visits;
- Legal advice regarding administrative insurance resolutions by the Insurance Mexican Commission and by the CONDUSEF.
They assist with all business issues including administrative law and dispute resolution (meditation, litigation and arbitration).