Our Healthcare team offers specialist medical defence litigation, clinical risk and risk management expertise.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is a specialist health and insurance practice. The Dublin team has a wealth of experience in the Irish health sector, spanning decades.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Defending medical malpractice claims. We are currently on the State Claims Agency panel of solicitors for the Clinical Indemnity Scheme;
- Defending employer liability/public liability (EL/PL) claims brought against healthcare facilities. We are currently on the panel for both the State Claims Agency and Irish Public Bodies for EL/PL claims;
- Advising healthcare organisations on clinical risk and medico-legal matters, in both emergency situations and on an ongoing basis;
- Representing healthcare organisations and professionals at inquests, before the Medical Council and other statutory inquiries;
- Practical assistance and guidance to healthcare providers on the management of complaints, development of clinical governance strategies and the implementation of risk management programmes;
- Assisting healthcare organisations to attain accreditation status. This service is unique to DAC Beachcroft Dublin and involves onsite pre-accreditation risk surveys including reviewing and advising on policies, practices and procedures, etc. We have assisted a number of healthcare organisations in achieving accreditation status;
- Provision of medico-legal lectures and risk management workshops.
Our healthcare team has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Irish healthcare system, and is passionately committed to working with healthcare organisations to improve standards of patient care and reduce claims.
Strength and reach
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is affiliated to DAC Beachcroft LLP — one of the largest health commercial law firms in the UK — advising both public and private healthcare providers and NHS commissioners of service.
The advantages of this affiliation to our Irish clients include access to comparable providers and expertise in the UK. We believe that this adds extra strength and depth to DAC Beachcroft Dublin, supplementing an already impressive range of quality and experience through the healthcare team.
What our clients say
"It is a dynamic team that is very knowledgeable and well organised." Chambers and Partners Europe 2014 Edition, Dispute Resolution, Ireland