The Dublin Employment team has longstanding relationships with major names across both the private and public sector.
We have widely recognised experience and expertise in relation to health, financial services, retail and leisure, construction, facilities management, professional services, education and the public sector. Whilst we offer local expertise, we are part of DAC Beachcroft's 100-strong team of employment lawyers.
Our team complements the firm's in-depth knowledge and expertise in advising employers, insurers and their insureds. Our dispute resolution services include tribunal claims and court proceedings of all levels of complexity. We also provide non-contentious advice in managing the risks of all aspects of the employment relationship from recruitment to termination.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Drafting and negotiating critical documents such as contracts, policies and procedures and termination agreements;
- Key human resources issues including absence management, employee performance and grievance and disciplinary issues;
- Safeguarding proprietary interests and confidential information;
- Advising investigators, decision-makers and senior managers in relation to internal investigations and related processes;
- Collective workforce processes and disputes;
- Reorganisations, business transfers and outsourcing;
- Discrimination, atypical working and unfair dismissal;
- Bullying and harassment issues;
- Contractual disputes; and
- Safeguarding employer information.
We respond to clients' needs and advise commercially and pragmatically in light of their goals. Our approach is to build relationships, collaborating with in-house teams to deliver advice in a way that is tailored to their business requirements.
We also offer tailored training to help refine workplace practices and to manage and prevent risks.
While we offer local expertise, our services are modelled on the management, quality and value guarantees of the international firm. We can apply agile and bespoke fee arrangements to reflect clients' specific needs and to achieve the right outcome.
For more information please contact Barry Reynolds.
What our clients say
Barry Reynolds: "We were very comfortable that we could leave matters in his hands and not need to influence or keep an eye on things. We knew that whatever he concluded, it would be robust, fair on both parties and immune to challenge."
"Strong legal representatives with an efficient response rate. The service feels personal, with the lawyers taking time to get to know the client."
DAC Beachcroft Dublin’s compact team is "strong and increasing in profile, commercial and astute and able to handle sensitive matters".
Chambers Europe, 2015 Edition
"A very helpful and efficient team." According to interviewees, lead partner Barry Reynolds is "calm and measured and makes the client feel like nothing is too much trouble." His broad practice includes experience of contentious employment law matters and internal investigations.
Chambers Europe, 2014 Edition
"DAC Beachcroft Dublin's head of employment, Barry Reynolds, is recommended for his 'single-minded perseverance'."
Legal 500, 2013 Edition