Corporate Deals South West 2015
Published 4 January 2016
The DAC Beachcroft Corporate team had a very busy 2015 advising local, national and international clients on major transactions in the South West and beyond. (All of the deals below were sourced and led by the team in Bristol).
We have nine partners and 32 lawyers across our inter-disciplinary, company commercial team based in Bristol.
We continued to represent high profile South West based clients on their important local transactions, while at the same time representing national and international blue chip names.
We have a niche corporate offering based on partners with extensive city, international and business experience, which enables us to anticipate and meet client needs and give insights not offered elsewhere.
- St James's Place plc: On its £34m acquisition of Rowan Dartington, the Bristol based stockbroker and discretionary fund manager;
- Denplan Limited: Acquisition of The Animal Healthcare Company Limited, the UK's leading provider of pet payment plans;
- Shareholders of SACO (The Serviced Apartment Company): Disposal of the group to US private equity giant Oaktree Capital Management;
- Ultrahaptics Limited: On its £10.1m fundraising from a consortium of private investors led by Woodford Investment Management;
- Shareholders of Star Medical Limited: Sale of Star Medical to the Irish company Uniphar plc;
- Partnerships in Care: Acquisition of Care UK's mental health services business comprising of 323 beds;
- Partnerships in Care: Acquisition of a number of mental health units from Choices Lifestyles comprising 119 beds;
- Partnerships in Care: Acquisition of three mental health units in the North of England from Health & Social Care Partnerships comprising in total 82 beds;
- SunEdison, Inc: Acquisition of five solar projects around the UK and related financing arrangements;
- Puma Investment Management Limited: Advising in relation to numerous investments utilising its VCT, IHT and EIS funds, including across the healthcare and residential development sectors;
- The Good Care Group London Limited: Acquisition of Oxford Aunts Limited in the social care sector;
- Medvivo Group Limited: Disposal of Telehealth Solutions Limited to Microtech Support Holdings Limited.