Tom is an associate in the firm's Commercial Dispute Resolution team. He specialises in providing litigation support and advice to in-house legal teams within the financial services industry, across both insurance and wealth sectors.
He also provides support and advice to clients in other sectors.
Tom has a very good understanding of the insurance and wealth sectors, having been seconded to both AXA Wealth and Zurich Financial Services.
He acts in respect of urgent injunction applications (seeking search and seizure orders and the delivery-up of confidential information), and the broad spectrum of litigation within the financial services industry.
In particular Tom has advised on:
- A high profile breach of confidence claim for a leading insurance broker, seeking injunctive relief and damages;
- A high profile data loss claim on behalf of a global insurance company;
- A dispute between an underwriter and an insurance broker;
- A dispute between insurers regarding the apportionment of PPI liability;
- A dispute between a leading health insurer and a leading supplier of medical services;
- A dispute between a leading insurer and a former supplier of claims management services.
- A warranty claim following the purchase of telecare services provider;
- Various claims brought by and against former financial advisers, including fraud and debt recovery cases;
- A claim by an international franchise based in Canada against one of its former UK franchisees regarding breach of confidence, copyright infringement, passing off and trademark infringement;
- Various potential defamation claims, including obtaining injunctive relief.
Tom qualified in 2010, having joined the firm as a trainee in 2008.