Dean qualified in September 2004, and after working for two law firms in London, he joined the firm's London office in August 2005.
Dean has wide experience in all aspects of real estate work and advises the Public and Private sectors.
Examples of Dean's work includes:
- Advising a central London NHSFT with its development of a health teaching facility. The Trust entered into a Forward Funding Agreement with a university, which helped fund the project in return for the grant of a long leasehold interest subject to various options and restrictions;
- Assisted with the redevelopment of a former hospital in central London worth in excess of £100m, which involved advice concerning restrictive covenants, rights of light, the reprovision of services and facilities and leasing arrangements to a private healthcare provider;
- Advising banks in connection with structured development finance, most recently involved in the development of an Innovation Park near Hastings;
- Advising Banks in connection with finance arrangements for university accommodation schemes;
- Advising a NHSFT with its proposed development of a large site forming healthcare facilities, education facilities, housing and nomination rights with a RSL to facilitate s.106 Agreement compliance;
- Advising a private healthcare provider in connection with its use and occupation of property in Newcastle. There were complicated arrangements regarding funding and service provider issues with the local Primary Care Trust;
- Advising a London PCT in connection with its development of outdoor gym parks in and around the London Borough of Camden;
- Advises many charitable organisations in connection with their acquisition, disposal, leasing and management of property, including advice on the Charities Acts;
- Involved in a large scale matter assisting a NHSFT with its outstanding planning obligations stemming from a 2004 development. This involves difficult negotiations with the Local Planning Authority, variation documents and advice from Counsel;
- General commercial and retail lettings acting for landlords and tenants including the disposal of a large retail scheme.