Rowena joined DAC Beachcroft Dublin in July 2012 from the one of Dublin's largest law firms. Rowena has considerable experience in dealing with all types of commercial litigation disputes before the Commercial and High Court, and has also been involved in a number of successful mediations.
She has advised on claims relating to intellectual property, data protection, defamation, commercial contracts, property and professional negligence claims.
Also, Rowena has advised clients attending before the Financial Services Ombudsman, and the Joint Committee of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis in Ireland. She is an advocate of mediation and regularly advises clients through complex alternative dispute resolution.
Rowena has a particular interest in technology law, intellectual property, and data protection.
She is a committee member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Litigation Committee.
Recent experience includes:
- Ongoing advice to various clients in respect of their obligations under the Data Protection Acts;
- Advising clients on brand protection, passing off, copyright and trademark infringement including negotiating the payment of damages and execution of undertakings preventing future infringements;
- Advised a high profile client in relation to appearing before the Joint Committee of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis in Ireland (the Banking Inquiry);
- Successfully defended a mis-selling claim before the FSO;
- Advised on a number of Commercial Court cases relating to a range of disputes including negligence/duty of care (case valued at over €20m), breach of contract (case valued at over €10m) and enforcement of settlement agreements/Court Orders;
- Advised a development company in relation to a claim for rescission of a contract due to fraudulent misrepresentation by the vendors who failed to disclose a right of way in a tender agreement worth over €4m;
- Advised in the successful settlement of a High Court dispute relating to a claim of specific performance of a contact valued at over €3m;
- Advised on a complex breach of warranty dispute before the Commercial Court (valued at over €4m);
- Advising a number of professionals in respect of professional negligence claims including breach of undertaking, breach of contract, negligence and breach of duty of care;
- Advised high profile clients in relation to substantial defamation claims.