Anne Crofts has over 20 years' experience advising on commercial issues relevant to the health sector.
She has been involved in all the major NHS reorganisations since 1990, and has advised on some of the most innovative joint venture and collaborative arrangements and partnerships between NHS and independent providers, and across public sector boundaries including health and social care.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising on the acquisition by an NHS Foundation Trust of part of a failing NHS Trust from the Trust Special Administrator;
- Advising on the development of the legal governance structure and contractual and organisational models across 8 CCG and Local Authority populations, including advising on appropriate choice of vehicles for creating provider networks, contracting for integrated care and pooled budgets between primary and secondary care providers and Local Authority parties; advising on data protection issues in sharing patient identifiable other and confidential information between providers and advising on the competition law and procurement implications of integrating service provision;
- Advising both Local Authorities and CCGs on the Better Care Fund and the governance and operation of pooled budgets and associated " s75 " agreements;
- Advising on procurement of strategic partner for management of community services and on various models for the integrated provision of health and social care;
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on 'buddy arrangements' with a neighbour trust, management support services and the establishment of various support services, shared services and clinical collaborations;
- Advising on various shared service structures and collaborative working including pathology joint ventures, procurement and back office support shared services;
- Advising on the establishment of trading companies by both FTs and non-FTs including for provision of pharmacy outpatient services;
- Advising on the most appropriate choice of corporate vehicles for delivering various services including integrated care (NHS local authority and third sector participation) overseas private patients' work and pharmacy services;
- Acting as lead adviser on 8 community services acquisitions by FTs.