Patient Safety Summit
Patient safety is at the heart of every single NHS organisation. Although not all harm is avoidable, the NHS is expected to treat patients in a safe environment and protect them from all preventable harm.
Our Patient Safety Summit will bring together the best learning there is at Trust level through key speakers from both NHS and independent health providers, to discuss and explore some of the patient safety issues healthcare providers are facing today.
Joining us as our keynote speaker will be Keith Conradi, Head of the new Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch alongside a distinguished panel including:
- Katherine Woodford, Head of Litigation and Insurance Services – University Hospital Southampton NHS FT (Heather)
- Dr Bill Kirkup, Non-Executive Director - Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (Neil)
- Tim Draycott, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Consultant - North Bristol NHS Trust (Clare)
- Denise Chaffer, Director of Safety and Learning – NHSLA (Tim/Matthew)
- Nuala Close, Director of Nursing – The London Clinic
The Summit offers topical workshop sessions led by DAC Beachcroft experts to explore and understand the issues around patient safety.